Veterinary Services for Dogs
Dogs have functioned as man’s best friend for as long as we can remember. They deserve the same care and attention devoted to their care as they devote to protecting us from squirrels and passing cars. That is why Healing Paws Animal Hospital has the following packages and care options dedicated to ensuring that your family’s special protector gets exactly the treatment they need.
We are proud to offer a specific dog-only exam room, exam room checkout, and a side exit bypassing the hectic lobby that allows you and your dog to feel comfortable in our spacious facility and enjoy a stress-free ending to your fear free visit.
Fun fact: Average life span of a dog is 11 years
Routine Wellness/Preventive Care
- We offer vaccinations and preventative protocols that are specifically tailored to your dog or puppy depending on their life stage and lifestyle.
Puppy Wellness Exams
- Puppy Wellness Visit: includes wellness examinations, lifestyle vaccine, fecal screens, roundworm deworming, and sterilization surgery as age appropriate.
Non Routine/Illness Evaluation
- Our services address issues including limping, painful hair loss, itching, head shaking, not eating, vomiting, diarrhea, vision loss, tripping/falling, behavior changes, coughing, difficulty breathing, lethargy, and other illnesses.
Fear Free Visits
- Our team will alert Dr. Carrie to any anxiety/fear your dog has had at previous vet visits so we can best prepare for your visit. We will email you a handout on how to best transport an anxious pet to start the visit off on the right foot. Please bring your pet hungry, as we will offer treats to positively reinforce the experience (and inform us of any allergies). Sometimes, anti-anxiety medications will be prescribed prior to your appointment in order to help your nervous dog cope with the vet visit.
Canine Dentistry and Oral Surgery
- Tartar, broken teeth, gingivitis, bad breath, and abscesses are commonly found in your dog’s mouth. Left untreated, your pet can suffer pain/discomfort as well as bacterial spread through their body, affecting the heart, liver, and kidneys. We offer a full service dental suite equipped with digital dental radiographs. Dental X-rays allow us to see disease below the gum line and treat accordingly.
Urgent Care/ Emergencies
- We want to be there for you and your dog. During our office hours, we offer urgent and emergency care services. Please call ahead to alert the staff to the problem so that we can best serve your needs. After hour emergencies are referred to PETS ER.
- We offer some orthopedic procedures to help fix your dog’s fractures and ruptured cruciate ligaments. Based upon the diagnosis, Dr. Carrie will give you options for the best possible surgical outcomes for your dog or puppy. Our goal is that your critter is back to themselves in no time!
Soft Tissue Surgery
- We have a state of the art surgical suite equipped with technology and experience to provide the best possible outcomes under anesthesia. Using a Ligasure device, your dog will receive human-quality surgical care with this advanced vessel sealant device. This reduces anesthesia time by 50% and allows for a quicker and safer procedure.
CO2 Surgical Laser
- CO2 surgical laser allows for less blood loss, less pain and swelling, and quicker recovery. Soft palate resections and stenotic nares corrections for brachycephalic breeds ( Pugs, Bulldogs, Frenchies) are performed with less swelling and post-operative complications while allowing for much easier breathing for your pet. Superficial skin tags/growths can quickly be removed with a local anesthetic, allowing your pet to bypass general anesthesia.
Dog Behavior Consults
- Consultations to address your concerns will start with the completion of a behavior assessment form prior to the appointment. This will allow for you to really dig deep into the issues to help Dr. Carrie with a diagnosis and strategic remedies. We understand how stressful and, at times, embarrassing it can be to have your beloved dog act out. We are here to help your pet the best we can.
- Our office uses the cutting edge K-laser, a therapeutic laser treatment that effectively treats pain, decreases inflammation, and increases circulation for your dog or puppy.
- We offer a complete in-house lab, as well as digital x-ray. With these technologies, HPAH offers quick turn around for critical cases where seconds count. We also utilize an outside laboratory to complement our in-house lab with advanced testing technologies.
Hospice/End of Life Services
- Our bereavement room is staged as a comfortable living room to relax your dog and bring them a sense of peace and comfort. We also provide off-site cremation services by request.
Veterinary House Calls
- HPAH is happy to offer our clients at home house calls. For all house calls, please pre-scheduled your appointments that get carried out in the comfort of your home. Wellness, Hospice, and End of Life Services all can be provided in your home.
- A novel way to follow up/consult over the phone or video chat with established clients. An established client is one that has met Dr. Carrie in the office to create the client/patient/veterinarian relationship in order to legally provide this service in PA.