Veterinary Services for Cats
Cats are a constant staple of a loving and happy home. It is important that we keep this adorable member of our families happy and healthy for as long as possible. For this reason, Healing Paws Animal Hospital offers the following care options and health packages in order to keep that family pet purring and a good long while yet.
We know cats are NOT small dogs. Their needs are well met through every step of the feline visit. We are proud to offer a specific cat-only exam room, exam room checkout, and a side exit bypassing the hectic lobby that allows you and your cat to feel comfortable in our spacious facility and enjoy a stress-free ending to your fear free vet visit.
Fun fact: Average life span of a cat is 15.1 years
Routine Wellness/Preventive Care
- We offer vaccinations and preventative protocols that are specifically tailored to your cat or kitten depending on their life stage and lifestyle.
Kitten Wellness Exams
- Kitten Wellness Visit: includes wellness examinations, lifestyle vaccine, fecal screens, FeLV/FIV testing as kittens and annually if your cat is indoor/outdoor OR in contact with an outdoor cat.
Non Routine/Illness Evaluation
- Our services address issues including limping, painful hair loss, itching, head shaking, not eating, vomiting, diarrhea, vision loss, tripping/falling, behavior changes, coughing, difficulty breathing, lethargy, and other illnesses.
Fear Free Visits
- Our team will alert Dr. Carrie to any anxiety/fear your cat has had at previous vet visits so we can best prepare for your visit. We will email you a handout on how to best transport an anxious pet to start the visit off on the right foot. Please bring your pet hungry, as we will offer treats to positively reinforce the experience (and inform us of any allergies). Sometimes, anti-anxiety medications will be prescribed prior to your appointment in order to help your nervous cat cope with the vet visit.
Feline Dentistry and Oral Surgery
- Tartar, broken teeth, gingivitis, bad breath, and abscesses are commonly found in your cat’s mouth. Left untreated, your pet can suffer pain/discomfort as well as bacterial spread through their body, affecting the heart, liver, and kidneys. We offer a full service dental suite equipped with digital dental radiographs. Dental X-rays allow us to see disease below the gum line and treat accordingly.
Urgent Care/ Emergencies
- We want to be there for you and your cat. During our office hours, we offer urgent and emergency care services. Please call ahead to alert the staff to the problem so that we can best serve your needs. After hour emergencies are referred to PETS ER.
- We offer some orthopedic procedures to help fix your cat’s fractures and ruptured cruciate ligaments. Based upon the diagnosis, Dr. Carrie will give you options for the best possible surgical outcomes for your cat or kitten. Our goal is that your critter is back to themselves in no time!
Soft Tissue Surgery
- We have a state of the art surgical suite equipped with technology and experience to provide the best possible outcomes under anesthesia. Using a Ligasure device, your cat will receive human-quality surgical care with this advanced vessel sealant device. This reduces anesthesia time by 50% and allows for a quicker and safer procedure.
CO2 Surgical Laser
- CO2 surgical lasers allow for less blood loss, less pain and swelling, and quicker recovery for your cat. Soft palate resections and stenotic nares corrections are performed with less swelling and post-operative complications while allowing for much easier breathing for your pet. Superficial skin tags/growths can quickly be removed with a local anesthetic, allowing your cat to bypass general anesthesia.
Cat Behavior Consults
- Consultations to address your concerns will start with the completion of a behavior assessment form prior to the appointment. This will allow for you to really dig deep into the issues to help Dr. Carrie with a diagnosis and strategic remedies. We understand how stressful and, at times, embarrassing it can be to have your beloved cat act out. We are here to help your pet the best we can.
- Our office uses the cutting edge K-laser, a therapeutic laser treatment that effectively treats pain, decreases inflammation, and increases circulation for your cat or kitten.
- We offer a complete in-house lab, as well as digital x-ray. With these technologies, HPAH offers quick turn around for critical cases where seconds count. We also utilize an outside laboratory to complement our in-house lab with advanced testing technologies.
Hospice/End of Life Services
- Our bereavement room is staged as a comfortable living room to relax your cat and bring them a sense of peace and comfort. We also provide off-site cremation services by request.
Veterinary House Calls
- HPAH is happy to offer our clients at home house calls. For all house calls, please pre-scheduled your appointments that get carried out in the comfort of your home. Wellness, Hospice, and End of Life Services all can be provided in your home.
- A novel way to follow up/consult over the phone or video chat with established clients. An established client is one that has met Dr. Carrie in the office to create the client/patient/veterinarian relationship in order to legally provide this service in PA.